Blue SD35

Wed Feb 19 22:57:36 EST 2014

This is a pretty interesting thread.  I'm not looking to get this thread off topic, but I'm considering moving my modeling efforts from modern NS to 60's-70's-80's N&W and I'm looking for some photos.  Would anyone happen to have any photos of a clean or newly painted blue GP9, RS11, or ex-Virginian Trainmaster? Any help would be nice.

-Have a nice day!
Evan Miller

Looks like 1529 was repaired with white
numberboards but not repainted blue!!

http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=632617

Walt Gay
Petersburg, VA

>Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:16 AM

>Subject: Re: Blue SD35

>-

> N&W units were generally so dirty during the 70's it wasn't always easy to determine their actual color.

>Some I.C.C. accident reports on file at the D.O.T. library are missing , but there

>are two which involved SD35s.

>7/17/68 - Engs 1550-382-820-1531 collided with a gas truck at Abingdon

>8/19/70 - Extra 1529 East - head-end collision at Pembroke, VA.

>Don't know if these SD35s survived, but you might want to check and see

>if the color changed after wreck damage repairs.

>As info. Eng 1531 was also in a pusher consist in a head=end collision

>at Finney.

>Not an SD35, but an Alco RS-3 painted blue and assigned to yard

>service at Sandusky.  The "N&W" had faded from the herald and some

>one had drawn a "happy face" on it.  The inspection train went to

>Sandusky that year and when R. F. Dunlap saw it, he busted out

>laughing.  No, his face didn't shatter.                  Harry Bundy

>Browse the

NW-Mailing-List archives
at