Emailing: Shenandoah Div excursion 1956

Sat Sep 21 01:36:30 EDT 2013

N&W Mailing List,

As a young child I saw this excursion, and would like to clarify that this
came up the B&O Shenandoah Subdivision to Charlestown and used the
Charlestown Beltline to connect with the N&W at Charlestown where power was
changed from B&O diesel to N&W steam. Thanks to my dad, a closet raillfan,
for allowing me to this see special move over rare trackage that is no
longer in place. It did return via Shenandoah Junction, which was the route
of very early N&W passenger trains to Washington

Mason Cooper