Interlocking scenarios

Thu Aug 29 15:07:17 EDT 2013

Now, I'd like to look at different conditions that might occur at a simple
interlocking (simple siding) and what signal aspects would be displayed in
each case. Once again I'll state that this is a lot of guesswork on my
part and I am looking for more good input on what I get wrong and right.
Referring to Figure 1, the switch is lined for the Eastbound train (blue)
to hold the main and there are no other trains in the vicinity.
[image: Inline image 1]
It would seem to me that both the Westend distant signal and home signal
would show clear.

It also seems to me that the same aspects would be shown in the case that
the siding was occupied regardless of the intended direction of the train
in the hole (purple). See Figure 2.

[image: Inline image 2]

Jim Cochran