More on signal "roolz"

Fri Aug 16 21:44:38 EDT 2013

I think that says a lot on various circumstances.
Railroad had to designate a direction superior such as the westbound
freight vs the eastbound,
to avoid engineers getting into fights who takes the siding....

I tend to think the N&W had a predominate coal traffic move westbound so
its obvious to me to make westbound trains the superior direction.
After acquiring the VGN they could study traffic moves and adjust track,
signals to their liking design, removing the double track is to single
with sidings one example.
Technically the siding may be only one signal block long so you would
not display a R/G going into the siding. Exiting you could get the R/G.
Even if the block ahead the siding was clear you probably would not get
the R/G entering it, mainly because that track ends and passes back into
the main.

I have a yard throat with working target signals and it gets interesting
deciding how the signal aspects should be.

-Lynn-