Acquiring a signal

Fri Aug 9 16:52:19 EDT 2013

Brian

PL4s restored go for around $650.00. I do have a friend who has a two arm position light complete
available from Rawl he's wanting $1100.00 for it. Let me know if you want it.

Larry

Sent: Friday, August 09, 2013 8:31 AM
Subject: Re: Acquiring a signal

Personally I do really like the look and idea of the old style PL4 dwarfs but would eventually like to find a position light too.As with everything in life it all depends on costs.

I know we don't want to start cluttering these lists with things for sale or things wanted but it would be nice to have a place to list thing within the historical society. You never know when somebody starts thinning the collection and figures if they can't keep it might as well keep it in the N&WHS.

Brian Dembinski

Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2013 10:52 PM

What exactly are you looking for . I can come up with about any N&W Signal you would want.
Collecting signals is sometimes more of a project than most railfans can handle.

Larry Evans
Kenova WV
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2013 10:06 AM
Subject: Acquiring a signal

With all this talk of signals it brings up a question that I've thought about often before: what's the best way to acquire a signal?

I've read some of the Yahoo signal groups and every now and then a signal comes up for sale but it seems to be the rarity rather than the norm. I even had a deal once for an N&W old style PL4 dwarf but it fell through when the seller disappeared.

I've also often heard "make friends with the maintenance guys" but being a semi-introvert and living about as far north as possible in Ohio kinda rules that out, at least from an N&W perspective.

Any thoughts?

Brian Dembinski