Acquiring a signal

Fri Aug 9 16:51:13 EDT 2013

Larry, can you pm me at nwvgn at hotmail.com. Thanks

Subject: Re: Acquiring a signal
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 22:52:00 -0400

What exactly are you looking for . I can come up with about any N&W Signal you would want.
Collecting signals is sometimes more of a project than most railfans can handle.

Larry Evans
Kenova WV

Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2013 10:06 AM
Subject: Acquiring a signal

With all this talk of signals it brings up a question that I've thought about often before: what's the best way to acquire a signal?

I've read some of the Yahoo signal groups and every now and then a signal comes up for sale but it seems to be the rarity rather than the norm. I even had a deal once for an N&W old style PL4 dwarf but it fell through when the seller disappeared.

I've also often heard "make friends with the maintenance guys" but being a semi-introvert and living about as far north as possible in Ohio kinda rules that out, at least from an N&W perspective.

Any thoughts?

Brian Dembinski