"Pole and Paddle" semaphores

Tue Aug 6 00:07:51 EDT 2013

Frank =

That’s a train order signal and has two arms, one for each direction; if one of the arms is horizontal, the signal light will be red and will tell the approaching train that there are train orders to be picked up. When the arm is hanging down, the light is green indicating no orders. These signals have nothing to do with the automatic block signal system.

EdKing