Motive power bldg

Fri Jul 26 22:10:52 EDT 2013

The 1911 annual report states:

"At Roanoke, Va., a three-story brick office for the Motive
Power Department was constructed."

The 1948 annual report states:

"At Roanoke, Va.... fireproof addition to Motive Power Office

Building...."

BUT, the 1951 annual report states:

"At Roanoke, Va., new fireproof extension to

Motive Power Office Building, and modernization

of existing structure...."

The western portion of the existing building was the original portion and the extension was to the east. The only thing that I can assume from the 1948 and 1951 annual reports is that the eastern extension was completed in 1948, but that the western portion was improved in 1951. If I get a chance to stop by the Archives tomorrow, I'll check the article, "Motive Power Office Building Improvements are Completed," in the January 1951 N&W Magazine.

Gordon Hamilton

Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2013 10:44 PM
Subject: Motive power bldg