Y Class, Etc

Fri Jun 28 16:17:08 EDT 2013

Query: "Again the A class was essentially a Y modded for speed . . ." The boilers (the most important part of a steam loco, I'm finally beginning to realize) were very different - 5500 HP or so for a Y6 and 7000 HP or so for an A; also very different in design, particularly, the fireboxes.

pete groom