N&W Boxcar pre-1963 paint scheme question

Sat Mar 9 21:53:48 EST 2013

I can remember my local Hobby Shop owner talking about this particular car.
The Athearn Rep had stopped by the store and discussed this model. Athearn
had made the model black based on what they saw in the picture. The Owner
told the Rep that the car was actually boxcar red and that the lighting in
the picture gave it there black look. Looking at the photo in the book,
around the door, the color is definitely of a brown hue. Alan Cox

In a message dated 3/9/2013 6:45:34 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,