glen lyn East River trestle

Tue Sep 18 00:17:20 EDT 2012

See page 64 of West Virginia Railroads Volume 4: Virginian Railway by Lloyd Lewis. The are two photos of the bridge.
It is a TLC publication.

Page 29 of The Virginian Era, also by Mr. Lewis, has one picture of the bridge. This is a 20-year old book and may be hard to find, but the other one is new.

Dick Dunford
Blacksburg
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2012 4:37 PM
Subject: glen lyn East River trestle

I have been searching for photos of the VGN high trestle crossing the East River and N&W at Glen Lyn. Photos of the New River bridge are numerous, but the trestle must not have been as
popular. What about VGN passenger station photos at Glen Lyn? I have not yet read a copy of H. Reid’s VGN Railway. Might it have some photos I seek? I have been a life-long fan of the N&W which has lead to my newfound interest of the VGN. Thanks for any info. mike beadle