Passenger Car Roster (was Re: Arrow Cars)

Sat Jul 28 11:05:05 EDT 2012

I have donated my N&W passenger roster, as well as my roster of Wabash and NKP cars that made it the N&W, to the NWHS for its use and posting on their web site.  I believe the roster is being reformatted and will be posted but haven't received any information as to when  it will be posted.

I recall a number of cars that were sold to railroads in Mexico and this information is provided in the roster.

Jim Brewer

Sent: Friday, July 27, 2012 9:23:28 PM
Subject: Re:  Arrow Cars

Phil Miller wrote:

There are suggestions some ex-N&W passenger cars went south to Mexico.

I remember handling a number of N&W heavyweight passenger cars (perhaps a half dozen) which had been painted and lettered  at East End Shops for some Mexican railroad.  If memory serves correctly, they had been painted in a "Pullman Green" shade.  I recall testing one of the doors and finding that the cars were not locked, then going inside and seeing that the interiors sported a very nice, fresh paint job, too .  This was probably in the very early 1970s.  I should have made a note in my time book, but didn't.

-- abram burnett