Arrow Cars

Fri Jul 27 21:23:28 EDT 2012

Phil Miller wrote:

There are suggestions some ex-N&W passenger cars went south to Mexico.

I remember handling a number of N&W heavyweight passenger cars (perhaps a half dozen) which had been painted and lettered at East End Shops for some Mexican railroad. If memory serves correctly, they had been painted in a "Pullman Green" shade. I recall testing one of the doors and finding that the cars were not locked, then going inside and seeing that the interiors sported a very nice, fresh paint job, too . This was probably in the very early 1970s. I should have made a note in my time book, but didn't.

-- abram burnett