VGN PAs (WAS: Jawn Henry tender numbers)

Sun Jul 22 14:48:29 EDT 2012

Just curious; which production loco(s) would be a good basis for bashing
into a VGN PA?

Greg Harrod

In a message dated 7/22/2012 8:07:32 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org writes:

Okay, Frank, you talked me into it. No promises on when, but it is going
to happen.

Jim Nichols

____________________________________
Sent: Sat, July 21, 2012 8:46:37 PM
Subject: Re: VGN PAs (WAS: Jawn Henry tender numbers)

No, they didn't. Best information we have is that the project was taken
off the table about three or four years ago. Apparently part of the reason
was that they didn't think there's be enough interest in a $1,700 Pacific.

The good part of this is that those of you who held off bashing one can go
ahead, and, if the result is good, you can share it with the rest of us and
do an interesting article for the Arrow.(another subtle plug)

Frank Bongiovanni

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 3:40 PM, NW Mailing List