Heritage Units-Brake Stick Holder

Sat Jul 21 07:45:05 EDT 2012

Sorry it took me a little longer to get this posted, as I have had to make
emergency site visits to opposite ends of the state of Georgia over the
past two days.

This new addition is clearly an exterior mounted brake stick. There also is
a sticker located on the side sill at the mid-point of the holder. Please
see the attached photos of the brake stick holder as mounted to NS (NW)
#1647, that I took on 28 May, 2012 in Gainesville, GA.

The holders added that were factory added to the current release of GE
ES44AC's, which includes the Heritage units are also painted yellow. The
holder on NS #1030, an SD70ACe is painted black. Both builders models have
the same sticker as seen in the first image. I know that the first order of
ES44AC's and the first order of SD70Ace's were not delivered with this
feature. I shot #8071 in Gainesville, GA today, which is from the third
order of ES44AC's and it did not have one either. The SD70Ace's from the
second oproduction run do have them, they are painted black, not yellow.

Over the years NS has used two different designs of EOT hangers that they
mounted on teh truck sideframes, which are painted yellow as well, when new
and clean. During the mid and later production runs of C40-9W's, GE used
their own design of EOT hangers, which were painted black, like the rest of
the side frame.

Regards,
Russ Goodwin
Buford, GA