VGN Passing track west of Merrimac

Mon May 21 09:47:01 EDT 2012

Looking at a 1998 Virginia Division timetable, there is no siding between Whitethorne and Fagg at that date.

Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2012 12:25 PM
Subject: RE: VGN Passing track west of Merrimac

Has it been taken out?  In addition to the rare WB move or work extra, it
is or was used to get the returning Whitethorne pusher in the clear for a
following EB.

Grant Carpenter

> Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 14:52:26 -0700 (PDT)

> Subject: Re: VGN Passing track west of Merrimac

> There was a passing siding 0.8 mile west of Merrimac,?at Shelby. It was

5794 feet in length. This info from July 1955.

> ?

> Jeff Sanders

> Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2012 12:30 PM

> Subject: VGN Passing track west of Merrimac>

> Can anyone tell me if there was once a passing track on the Virginian a

mile or so west of Merrimac??? Thanks.