old train pictures

Mon Apr 30 12:30:56 EDT 2012

I was trying to figure out the dates for the 611 pix posted by David Hall.  It may be a special run in August 1959.  I have one photo of the trip, attributed to that date.  It shows 611 stopped at Pearisburg.  The train has three coaches (two light and one dark), another coach and what appears to be a standard diner as car #5.  This looks like a match  for Mr. Hall's photo.  The passengers clothing appears to be light, indicating summer.

I have one photo of the final October 1959 trip, taken at Bluefield.  It shows the first car as a combine, so it seems doubtful that it's the October trip.

Any other ideas?  The above are guesses, because I didn't ride either trip and only saw 611 EB at Christiansburg, well after dark in October.

Dave Stephenson