VGN locomotive

Tue Mar 13 17:18:25 EDT 2012

Sorry, Mike. From your description I'm reasonably certain that it's a
model of a locomotive that was built (by GE?)well after the Virginian
ceased to exist. Depending on your point of view, it's either an
interesting "what if?", or one of the handful of incorrect locomotives that
have had VGN lettering put on them. Last time I looked someone (Tyco or
AHM?)had done a Virginian GG-1, and Tyco did a Virginian C420. The last
one looks good with the silver quad hopper (also wrong)and the blue and
yellow VGN caboose (also wrong).

One of our members (one of two guys and I can never remember which one and
don't want to insult him)used to do an occasional clinic about VGN models,
including the Kinda Wrong and Very Wrong ones. There may be another one
such coming up in the future.

Meanwhile, enjoy the model. Repaint if you wish, or just run it....but
hide it when the tactless nitpicker come over.

Frank Bongiovanni