N&W Caboose 518021

Mon Feb 13 13:26:01 EST 2012

I believe that the sealed windows were done to a number of the early cabs. They originally had windows that could be opened, but I suspect that the amount of coal dust and soot coming in was hard on the crews. I recall seeing a drawing to change out windows on the CG class dated sometime in late 1964 or 1965.

Ken Miller