Double headed J's?

Fri Feb 3 09:55:12 EST 2012

Hi Bob

Class Js running together was not what I'd consider a common occurrence. The only consistent occasions that I've found were special trains, usually carrying a US President or candidate. There was an occasional occurrence, but for the most part during normal operations, no. Rarely were Js doubleheader in any case, I suspect that the photos you are thinking of Class K2/K2a with freight locomotives. Those cases, were generally a break in run after shopping, or simply moving power to return it to its home terminal.

It is your railroad, run whatever you like!

Ken Miller