Questions about N&W's ORDER 19 in Operating Rules during 1920s, etc.

Sat May 7 23:25:13 EDT 2011

For the model railroad club I was in we used trainorders with phones
about the layout, and we set up a magnetized board with "Dispatcher"
like train magnet icons placed on the track diagram. Essentially any
train was cleared to a point and had to call back for clearance to move on.
No active signals, that was in the works till the club had to move.

For a model railroad thats lots of intense activity.

I recall a story and I forget the railroad but it was in the midwest, in
signaled territory, 2 trains happen to meet at a signal red stopped, the
engineers got out and had a heated argument as to who had rights telling
one the other to back up to the previous siding etc etc. I don't recall
the outcome but it was eventually settled.

-Lynn Willer-