Trash containers

Tue Feb 22 10:33:58 EST 2011

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tue, Feb 22, 2011 6:10 am
Subject: Re: Trash containers

"I would suspect that they are headed to the waste containment facility in Bradshaw, VA, where the WasteLiners go."

Gordon,
These containers are not going to Bradshaw. We bring them south, usually on 15T. They then go east, just guessing to Amelia. They then come back east and we take them back north on 16T. The next time I catch one, I'll see what the consist has to say about a consignee.
Boy do they stink!

Jimmy Lisle

Jimmy:
Maybe the yankees have wised up and are now shipping their garbage via NS. Sometime during the
late 80's, there was a carload of garbage for Amelia routed CSX-Richmond-NS. The car had been
bad ordered and sent to Rocky Mount (NC). NS received the repaired car and hauled it to their
yard by the James River. Car was dropped into a clear track. Field man attempted to tie a brake
on, but car didn't stop. It drifted across the James River. The City of Richmond had phoned for
and received permission to test the city's flood gate crossing the line to West Point. Field man dived
off car when it reached the north shore. The car struck the gate and killed one of the city workers.
Investigation revealed that CSX's Rocky Mount shop had failed to re-connect the brake rod after the
car had been jacked. Stink you say ? Maybe that's why the Roanoke"s afternoon trash train is known as the
P.M. B.M. Harry Bundy