N&W CONSIST BOOK

Tue Jan 4 13:01:47 EST 2011

From: Carlton, Charles (Pike County) <Charles.Carlton at ky.gov>
Subject: N&W CONSIST BOOK
To: f_scheer at yahoo.com
Cc: fscheer at railwaymailservicelibrary.org
Date: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 10:18 AM

Dear Mr. Scheer:

Recently I ordered from RMSL a set of discs and then arrived in good condition.  I was very interested in acquiring a N&W RR consist book and of course there was a May 1, 1953 edition included.  I notice from a search that you had been looking for a consist book in 2006 and I wonder if you located any other dates such as 1951 or 1950 as the new Pullman and other cars were being introduced in passenger service.  I have been unable in any library collections to locate another consist book.

When I was a substitute clerk, we were served by rail via Iaeger, WV (Trains 3, 4, 15, 16) and Highway PO from Bristol.

Thank you for your assistance.

Charles Carlton
Substitute Clerk - Grundy, VA Post Office 1960-1961 Christmas and Summer)
Director
Pike County Office of Energy and Community Development

January 4, 2011

Thanks, Charles, for your email. I'd like to videotape your recollections sometime. Did you ever run with Stanley Taylor on the BLUE & NORT RPO? I visited his family after he died, although I corresponded with him while he was alive. I recall that he lived in Bluefield, Virginia.

I haven't come across any other N&W consist books. I'm copying an email group for the N&W Historical Society in case anyone else knows about a partial or complete passenger consist book for other years.

Best wishes for the new year,

Frank