Lost A Friend

Sat Dec 4 19:03:49 EST 2010

I know where you're coming from, Jimmy. I've extensively documented the CPL signals on the Valley Line and also on the Punkin Vine before they were finally upgraded earlier this year.

Just a few days ago a friend from the Christiansburg area was telling me about how he regrets not getting more shots along the Roanoke District. We were also discussing the many scenic photo locations there are along that line. I truly believe the reason many railfans bypass the valley is the low traffic volume.

Jeff H.

Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2010 2:25 AM
Subject: Re: Lost A Friend

"This was probably one of the most accessible signals of this type."

Sometimes I find it kind of sad that so many members get stuck in that East - West rut. Try going North or South more. You may be surprised at what you have missed...before it's too late.

Jimmy Lisle