NW-Mailing-List Digest, Vol 62, Issue 54

Fri Nov 26 20:27:01 EST 2010

I guess Jimmy, we are just going to have to "bear with you" on this
one won't we?

Bob Cohen

1. Re: "Takin' Twenty" with the Virginian Brethren by Skip Salmon (NW
Mailing List)

Also passed was a photo I got off railpictures.com of a brown bear
(could be a grizzly) with his front paws on the outside rail, starting
to cross the tracks, looking directly into the camera. Scotty said
that the bear is breaking several safety rules but he would never cite
him for it."

I had this exact same thing happen to me a couple of years ago around
Weaver's Bluff (MP H121.2). We were easing up to the signal, waiting
for 38Q to finish his work at Coors. As we came around to the signal,
a BIG black bear had his front paws on the rail looking straight at
us. He continued to look for maybe a minute, then slowly walked off
into the sunset. This area is a black bear "hot spot". Too bad I
didn't have a camera.