Thu Nov 25 21:27:35 EST 2010

"Also passed was a photo I got off railpictures.com of a brown bear (could be a grizzly) with his front paws on the outside rail, starting to cross the tracks, looking directly into the camera. Scotty said that the bear is breaking several safety rules but he would never cite him for it."

I had this exact same thing happen to me a couple of years ago around Weaver's Bluff (MP H121.2). We were easing up to the signal, waiting for 38Q to finish his work at Coors. As we came around to the signal, a BIG black bear had his front paws on the rail looking straight at us. He continued to look for maybe a minute, then slowly walked off into the sunset. This area is a black bear "hot spot". Too bad I didn't have a camera.

Jimmy Lisle