Link's Color photo--a witness account

Fri Sep 3 21:25:01 EDT 2010

There is no mystery, based on the daylight test photos Link made (previously referred to as NW2134 and NW2135), that the color photo on the cover of Thunder on Blue Ridge was made near Bridge 90.  This location is near MP N-252.5, halfway between Boaz and Bonsack.  This is also very close to the west end of the passing track that started there and extended to the east past the Bonsack station, which is about a mile east of the photo location.  If the photo would have been made directly adjacent to Boaz siding, there would have been three tracks to the left of the shanty - right to left, one siding and two main tracks. As you can see, there is no siding. The photo was taken neither at Boaz or Bonsack. I can't post the two photos that would clear this up (NW 2134 and NW2135) without permission.

Dave Stephenson