Heartland Corridor

Wed Aug 18 17:33:39 EDT 2010

We are still not over the Gulf Oil spill, which happened largely due to an
overdeveloped sense of money savings.  Many accidents in history are due to cost
savings and too much attention to the semi-bottom line without regard to the
real costs.  Save money at any cost will bite business in the long run.
All I am saying is that raising the portal hole (without reboring the
tunnel) couldn't have cost all that much more and would have proved a regard for
history and for other items that people would look at and say I want to ship on
this railway.  They care for their stuff, they will care for my stuff.  It would
have been good PR.  It would have upheld the corporate image in a very real
way.  Everybody knows cost, few seem to care about value.
Michael Shockley