N&W ex-Pullman parlor to coach conversions

Sun Jun 13 23:05:25 EDT 2010

Were most of the later(?) N&W heavyweight coaches 12-wheeled? I remember a trip in such a coach in ''55 or so that had been upgraded with reclining seats, photo murals,modern lighting . . . The first part of my journey had been in a lightweight coach on the RF&P and i was surprised by how well the N&W coach rode.

pete groom