Class M number 484

Wed Nov 18 12:25:57 EST 2009

>From my records, four Class Ms were sold as scrap at Roanoke during May and

June 1950.

According to Prince's book, numbers 404, 431 and 484 were sold to the
VaSI&M. The fourth, number 464 was sold as scrap but Prince does not list to
whom it was sold.

Bud Jeffries

Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 12:19 PM
Subject: Re: Class M number 484

Which scrapyard did she go to? I'm just thinking that date is only a couple
weeks before the four surviving steamers from Virginia Scrap Iron & Metal
arrived in the yard. Makes me wonder if the orphaned 4-8-0 pilot truck that
sat behind no. 917 in the yard (and is now the basis for her "tender" on
display in Ohio) might have come from no. 484.

Richard Jenkins