Class M number 484

Tue Nov 17 12:19:21 EST 2009

Which scrapyard did she go to? I'm just thinking that date is only a couple weeks before the four surviving steamers from Virginia Scrap Iron & Metal arrived in the yard. Makes me wonder if the orphaned 4-8-0 pilot truck that sat behind no. 917 in the yard (and is now the basis for her "tender" on display in Ohio) might have come from no. 484.

Richard Jenkins