Mail transportation on the N&W Tug Fork Branch

Fri Oct 23 10:53:52 EDT 2009

I too am interested in how any non - coal hopper traffic and how much of it was moved on branches mostly existing to service coal mines.

I have a small O scale railroad that is loosely based on an N&W coal branch. I always assumed that a boxcar of mining supplies or other freight would just be mixed in with the coal hoppers and brought up on a mine turn when needed.

However I have many steam era boxcars and a 4-8-0. I would love to a model a daily mixed freight on my coal branch.

Any further info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks is advance.
Tom Lewis,
Jax,FL