Request, Clarke County Historical Association

Wed Oct 14 17:34:55 EDT 2009

In regard to the request listed below from Jane Radford, who is working on a museum for the Clarke County Historical Association, does anyone know of a movie of a Shenandoah Division steam train other than the one cited by Frank Scheer?

Gordon Hamilton

Jane Radford wrote:
Cultural Communications is producing a museum for the Clarke County
Historical Association in Berryville, Virginia. We met Frank earlier in the
research process, as we looked for images and artifacts of the railroad in
Clarke County. I recently inquired about moving footage, specifically:
"footage of a train, "steaming up the Shenandoah Valley" (or something
similar) to be included in a video program within the
exhibits.
The Clarke County Historical Association, our client, and Cultural
Communications are both non-commercial, educational, non- profit
organizations. There will be no charge for admission when the museum opens
November 12th."

Frank replied ...
October 14, 2009
Good afternoon, Jane:
There are no public domain video sources that I know of. Also, I am unaware
of any early film footage of trains on the Shenandoah Division other than
that which is available on POCAHOTAS GLORY - Volume 3 DVD which is circa
1950s. The DVD is awailable from the N&W Historical Society's "Commissary."
You'll need to contact the DVD producer to discuss licensing of video
segments for the Clarke County Historical Society's musueum display.
If anyone else in the society has other suggestions, they will contasct you
off line at radford at hughes.net .
Good luck,
Frank Scheer
f_scheer at yahoo.com