Return To Williamson

Thu Sep 17 00:49:52 EDT 2009

Yes it is true. I finally got to get back into Williamson, West Virginia. In the early 80's we were in eastern Ky. for a weeks vacation. We had the chance to get into Virginia and West Virginia, two states we had not been in yet at that time. Some years ago, I was looking for pictures I took of that trip of N&W coal hoppers at a loadout facility. In the batch was a picture of the city sign to Williamson. I didn't even remember taking it. That prompted me to right a story about it. Now I can finally finish it. The trip was fantastic, though short. I was like a kid in a free candy day candy store. Took 7 rolls of film. Will write more of it when I get all my notes figured out. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeffrey Wood
N&W VGN Hist. Soc.
Southern Ohio Railway Enthusiast