N&W Caboose #562764 (Ex-Wabash 2764)

Fri Apr 3 11:00:11 EDT 2009

These cabs (cabooses) came from the Wabash via merger with the N&W in 1964. (Offset square cupolas.) I'm away from home on vacation currently so I don't have access to my library and other reference materials. The book published by the NWHS, Cabooses of the Norfolk and Western, has additional pictures and information. Both this book and reprints of N&W Equipment Guides are available through the NWHS Commissary via the NWHS web site. There are also several good books that were written about the Wabash RR that would have additional information. The best would likely be Wabash, by Donald J. Heimburger. The publisher, Morning Sun, has also published several books that provide great color photographic histories of the Wabash.

Information could also be gained through the Wabash Railroad Historical Society. http://home.comcast.net/~wabashrr/wrhs.html

Hope this helps.
Ed Painter from Narrows, VA currently living in Russellville, AR