Trains on the Pokey today.

Fri Apr 3 08:53:29 EDT 2009

Group,

I have some questions about current NS operations on the Pokey. For
eastbound coal from Williamson to Bluefield I have heard that in the past 3
locomotives take the train to about Farm where 3 helpers are added, then the
train goes to Flattop. At Flattop a Bluefield helper set of 4 locos is
added and the tonnage is filled out and the train continues to Bluefield.

Is this still the case or have operations changed? How many cars are in the
train and # of Locos, etc.

On the mercandise trains moving between Williamson and Bluefield what is the
standard practise now? Are helpers used? What is the normal train length
and motive power? I guess the trains are probably about 75% loads and 25%
emptys.

Thanks for your help,

John Rhodes