Regarding the TerraServer Images

Sun Feb 22 14:10:19 EST 2009

Gordon:

I have noticed that all of the various services I use (terraserver, google earth and maps, and live maps) all seem to have different photos at various levels. It most probably comes from the satellite imagery available for any point at a given altitude. Sometimes the difference from one level to the next is really interesting.

I was looking at Shaffers Crossing this week with Live Maps and it is interesting to use the zoom in feature that they call their "Birds Eye View" and scroll in various directions. At Shaffers Crossing trains will appear and disappear, the area that looks to be a recycling yard is full of trash in one view and empty when you refresh.

Makes getting a consistent view fun doesn't it!?

Hope this helps.

John C. Abbott

Note:
No Trees were harmed in sending this message.
However, some electrons along the way were inconvenienced.