N&W in 1908--Two fatalities

Wed Dec 31 10:11:32 EST 2008

The first order of business for the section foreman on
Mondays was to go to the cut west of North Fork to
see if any bodies had accumulated over the week end.
You see, at Keystone there was a place known as
Cinder Bottom (as I recall) and?at this location were
these uh, uhm, houses.? Highwaymen (or perhaps
railwaymen) would wait in the cut? and relieve the
sex-seekers of their valuables. There's a Slaughter
Pen cut on the Southern, but I've forgotten the name
of the cut west of North Fork.? Maybe Ed King knows.