James N Gillum

Thu Nov 20 10:49:48 EST 2008

At the Bluefield convention in 1989, Tom Dressler and I decided to do what we could to get Jim Gillum elected as president of the Society. Needless to say, we were successful. With Tom gone, Jim's death is particularly sad for me - not quite the end of an era, but almost. We shall miss him. Jim Nichols
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 6:26 AM
Subject: James N Gillum

I am sorry to report that past NWHS president Jim Gillum passed away last night. His family reports that he did not suffer and was in no pain.

Jim had been fighting ALS - a degenerative muscle disease and was recently diagnosed with an aggressive brain tumor.

NWHS has lost one of its giants.

Ron Davis