Classic Trains Summer 2008

Wed Aug 6 14:59:58 EDT 2008

Island Rose and Island Regal had small upper berth windows in the letter board; I don't know that the Branchline model will have this feature; I believe the majority of 10-1-1 cars did not have these upper berth windows; however, they could be added to the model.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD

Chasing this rabbit a bit farther...
The Branchline Trains web page says their 10-1-1 with island Rose and Island Regal is "coming soon".

>From the drawing it looks like Tuscan with gold lettering and a black roof. The heavyweight coach they produced has Dulux lettering and a black roof, which might be right for the two cars equipped with coal stoves for mixed train service...

Jeff Cornelius