Steam question regarding the Shenandoah Division

Mon Jul 7 07:14:29 EDT 2008

"Class A's will clear the thru truss span over
the Dan River (near Pine Hall) in one direction,
but not the other. The bridge is located on an
"S" curve with one curve being 10.5 degrees.
Harry Bundy "

Thanks for bringing that up Harry. I was told the same thing. Seems to me that this was also a questionable concern coming south at Natural Bridge Station. The best that I can remember being told was that it would clear, but, it had to be taken easy around the curve to the bridge.
Jimmy Lisle