new, old 1218 video on YouTube

Sun Jun 29 15:41:07 EDT 2008

I was there, too, helping clear the debris from US 460. A VEPCO truck (or some
such power co.) was there and they had a chain saw. They cut the tree branches
and we drug them off of the road. We were so disappointed at getting caught
in the slide. We just knew we had missed the train pulling in to Bluefield. But as
it turned out, they had their own slide problems, so we were still able to get to
Bluefield in time to see it come in.

Jerry Kay, Portsmouth, VA