The Powhatan Arrow

Mon May 19 18:42:22 EDT 2008

Dear Jack,

I purchased the five car set from Weaver models, 'THE POCAHONTAS" . It dosent have a baggage car or a dome car.

Weaver offers these sets in seven other road names, and they do have baggage cars but no domes.
I talked with weaver and they said that the research they did on the pocahontas is correct, so I researched it myself and they kept it accurate. As you know O scale modeling can be tricky. To give you an example, MTH 2008 -2 catalog offers a N&W C628 DIESEL ENGINE, with a low nose profile. I looked it up in Norfolk and western second generation diesels by paul withers and robert bowers and these engines were ordered in the High nose profile. So I probably wont add that to my collection. Good luck with your railroad.

Jim Liddle
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 8:30 PM
Subject: The Powhatan Arrow

Hey Guys,

I collect 'O' scale electric trains. These are rather expensive large model trains, not toys. Anyway, I have a complete
Powhatan Arrow train set with the #611 engine. This train came with an overhead observation car. I grew up in Bluefield
during the '40s and '50s and I never recall seeing the Arrow pulling an overhead observation car. And the train passed
in front of our home twice a day in Bluefield, VA. It ran westbound at 3pm and back eastbound at 4pm. every day. Does
anybody know for sure if the Arrow ever pulled an overhead observation car? If it did then somehow I missed it, but if it
didn't then my Arrow model set is not quite as accurate as it should be. Thanks for any help with my curiosity.

Jack Tibbs
Martinsville, Va.