Buchanan Branch in THE ARROW and NRHS Bulletin

Thu Jan 17 10:02:26 EST 2008

List:
Great appreciation for the latest installment on the Buchanan Branch by Mr.'s Wilson and Blackstock (NWHS, THE ARROW, Vol. 23, #4, Fall '07). Coal mining and railroading at its best. The maps were real helpful understanding the construction and changes. Also, the wonderful photos by Everett Young.
Failure to mention Skip's article, Gordon's Archive Nuggets as well as Pat Ryan's documentation would boarder on a misdemeanor! Photos excellante! (Is that a word?) And, Kevin, thanks for the commentary(s), articles and Editorship! What a great magazine!
Speaking of Kevin, congrats to him and our own (I think) Ron Flanary for photo essays in the latest issue of the NRHS Bulletin. Although recently released, this issue of the Bulletin is actually Spring 2006. The NRHS is desperately trying to catch up on publications and general headquarters organization. They are to be commended for their effort to fulfill their obligations even to past memberships. Please let us know if anyone else the Bulletin isuue is an NWHS member.
Charlie Long
Lynchburg