intermodal on N&W/SOU passenger trains

Tue Jan 15 17:17:21 EST 2008

Oakie:

>From Marty's previous response:

"I think I have that book, Morning Sun's Southern Railway Through Passenger Trains, with a Flexi-Van trailing the Peach Queen. I hadn't found any other information on those cars, so thanks for the tip on their short service life on Southern.

Marty Flick"

Regards,
Russ Goodwin

Would someone please supply info on books, etc about the "flex van" of both Southern and NYC. As a teenage traveling within the family business locations in Cincinnati and Columbus I passed NYC's Cincinnati flex van terminal many times and I was awestruck by the operation and have always thought that the demise of this concept was premature.

Oakie G. Ford
IRONTON, OH
oford at zoominternet.net