Classic Calendar faux pas?

Fri Dec 7 09:05:45 EST 2007

I might not have paid any attention to this if I hadn't have read it in a review of the N&WHS Calendar's in "Model Railroad News". The review noted and gave an example that "the calendar featured historic dates in the railroads history alongside national holidays."
The example given was for Feb.20, "1957: Class K2a 129 pulls the last steam powered train 2 from Hagerstown to Roanoke." I raised an eyebrow! Could MRN be right about this? Surely MRN made a typo.
Now, with my interest piqued and being the good "Valley" boy that I am, I turned my "Classic Calendar" to February 2008. Scrolling down twenty days to when George was born, I find that gadzooks! It does say that "...the last steam powered train 2 from Hagerstown to Roanoke"!
Oh well! What can I say? Only that the Classic Calendar is...
with me!
Jimmy Lisle