Streetcar Research

Wed Oct 31 21:43:53 EDT 2007

I am researching the streetcars that served the Virginian station in Princeton; the N&W stations in Bluefield, WV and Bluefield, VA (earlier known as Graham, VA) and the associated interurban between Princeton and Bluefield operated by the Tri-City Traction Company and several predecessor companies. I am doing this with the goal of producing a history of that property.

If anyone has any information or material of any type on this property, I would appreciate learning of it. You may contact me directly at:

gordonshamilton at cox.net

In my reviews of vintage Bluefield newspapers for streetcar info, I find interesting items on the N&W in that region in that era. Considering the popularity of the "100-years ago" items posted here by Rod Davis and Roger Link, I plan to share some of the N&W items from the year that I am reviewing, currently 1904.

Gordon Hamilton