Cities

Sun Aug 5 22:19:13 EDT 2007

Even when living in VA I was not sure why there was the statement that VA is
the only state with independent cities. Perhaps the practice is more
prevalent there, perhaps applying to smaller municipalities, but Baltimore,
MD is an independent city. MD has other cities, Annapolis for example, which
are not independent from the county. MD also has towns similar to VA towns
which are still a part of the county.

It is not the place on this list to continue this discussion, but I would be
interested in hearing additional discussion if anyone can shed light on this
claim.

Thanks

Craig Close
Balimer, Merlan