Sardinia Depot and Facilities

Tue Jul 31 17:07:38 EDT 2007

Gary; Thanks for your reply. It's been a long time since your slide show. I
have been retired from GE 20 years now and haven' been to the CRRC fpr so
long I can't remember. I came down to Texas oin 1987 for the winters. We
still have a home in Greenhills,O and seem to be back there less time each
year.My wife and I have had health problems this year and couldn't return in
April as usual.WE hope to get back in August and return here in Oct.--- For
all the time I was around Sardinia I didn't take photos. Guess it was due to
the fact that I didn't have a camera and probably thought that everything
would always be there. Dad was a Civil Engr. for the N&W and we lived all
over the system while I was growing up. Portsmouth, Columbus, Williamson.
Bluefield. Roanoke. Norfolk and back to Ports.O. My grandparents lived at
White Oak and Mowrystown. We would come back to Sardinia, sometimes twice a
month, to visit. Dad and mother had annual passes and I was on Mom's.---The
Hostler at Sardinia and his name was Hermi Arther, He lived in a house on
the North side of the street (West side of the Hillsboro Branch) next to the
Creamary. Dad kept the 31 Model "A" in a garage there.--- I din't mention
the Roadmaster's office building which was locared West fot the Sta. on the
northside of the main. His name was Simmons.His son, Austin ran the Sohio
Sta at the Y (to Mowrystown) He has passed on so that chance of getting
photos has gone.
Well thats enough from me . Thank you again for your relpy. Bob S.