Thanks for the great assistance with my inquiry on the N&W in Petersburg

Thu Jul 12 20:09:45 EDT 2007

Hilary,

I was born and raised in Petersburg, VA, and now live in Sterling, VA. I might be able to give you some info that you might not find anywhere else. As a teenager, I and a few cousins would walk down the track to the station in Petersburg, throw ballast into the river, grab a cone of ice cream at the station, and then watch different J engines pull the eastbound and westbound Pocahontas' into town.

Frank Jefferson